WHAT WE BELIEVE
The following statement of faith outlines the basic tenets from which all of the curriculum and materials for GEMS are developed.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, 2; John 1:1, 5, 14).
- We believe the Bible to be the infallible, inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- We believe that God created all things from nothing. He created men and women in His image and without sin (Genesis 1:27).
- We believe that man rebelled against God and sinned. Therefore, all humans are sinners (Romans 3:23).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, and is truly God and truly man (Luke 1:35).
- We believe that Jesus died on a cross to pay the price of our sins; those who accept Him as Savior are justified by His blood (Isaiah 53:5; Romans 5:8-9).
- We believe that Jesus arose bodily from the grave and returned to Heaven, where He is our High Priest (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 4:14-16).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bestows the gift of faith whereby mankind is born again in Christ and becomes a child of God (1 John 3:1; Romans 8:16-17).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit abides with and comforts us until Christ’s return (John 14:16).
- We believe that when Jesus returns from Heaven, all will be raised—those who believe will have eternal life in Him; those who do not believe will be eternally condemned (John 5:28-29).
GEMS was founded on the principles defined in Titus 2. While girls will encounter plenty of situations in church and life where they will interact with all of their peers, GEMS provides a safe, like-gender environment where older women live out God’s command to teach younger women what is good (Titus 2:3).