FRIENDED: FOR GIRLS WHO LONG TO BELONG
But friendship is not every girl’s story.
Our girls live in a culture that is unprecedented in both its digital connection and its social isolation. Researchers name the growing problem “The Loneliness Epidemic” and that was before a global pandemic kept them at a distance from one another.
We see girls in a desperate search to find a place to belong and be loved, whether it’s at school, on the sports field, or through their innumerable Snapchat streaks. We dry their tears and ache over the loneliness and isolation that will always be a part of their lives until they hear about a Friend who changes everything.
His name is Jesus. Our deepest need is for Him to be our Savior, Lord, and Friend.
The Friended curriculum is designed to:
- Help girls discover that God, who is King and Lord of all, invites them to be His friend
- Teach girls what it means to be “One Another” friends
- Provide opportunities for girls to grow in their relationship with God and each other
- Equip leaders to provide a welcoming, safe, and fun space to invest in today’s girls
Each Starter Kit contains enough material for 16 weeks of club gatherings, including 8 Bible Teachings, 4 Friended Projects, and 4 Fun Nights.
INTRODUCING THE FRIENDED CURRICULUM
With Friended you’ll experience 16 weeks of club in 3 flexible options. Download a free sample lesson to learn more.
- Option 1: Friended
Use Friended as a stand-alone resource for up to 16 weeks—8 Bible Teachings, 4 Friended Projects, and 4 Fun Nights. Everything you need for a full club gathering is included!
- Option 2: Friended plus badges
Use the 16 weeks of Friended (8 Friended Lessons, 4 Friended Projects, and 4 Fun Nights) with GEMS Girls’ Clubs badges. Friended includes 4 Large Group opening devotionals for badge nights. We have a wide variety of girl-friendly badges.
- Option 3: Friended Plus Virtual Edition
Works great for clubs that need to meet online or at a distance. Use the 8 weeks of Friended Large Group Teaching Videos, the Friended Plus Virtual Edition Guide with “kick-off meeting” plan, Zoom group games and activities, porch drop-off ideas, and virtual leader tips and guidelines.
Resources for Friended are also available for purchase individually.
- Large Group Resource Book
- Small Group Leader’s Guides (for Grades 1-3, Grades 4-6, and Grades 7-8)
- GEMS Journals—girls’ lessons in a take-home format. Comes in a pack of 8 lessons. Available for Grades 1-3, Grades 4-6, and Grades 7-8
- Friended Online Resources—downloadable resources including the theme song, creative movement video, 9 closing “Real Talk” videos, sample registration form, presentation slides, and printables
- GEMS “One Another” Diner Menus
- Friended Plus Virtual Edition Guide
- Friended Convo Cards
- Friended poster
- Friended notepad
- Friended A-to-Z Who God Is cards
- Friended t-shirt
- Friended bulletin insert
- A-To-Z Who God Is Bookmarks (set of 20)
- Micah 6:8 Poster
- GEMS Tea Towel
- GEMS Gospel Treasure Box
You can find all the training you need to effectively lead the Friended curriculum in ReFresh, the GEMS online training program.
GEMS Sunday is an opportunity for your GEMS to show your congregation all they have been learning in GEMS. It’s also an opportunity to share the mission and vision of GEMS and many churches take their annual GEMS offering during this service.