2018-19 Be a Blessing Annual Theme
Watch this clip from Lenae Bulthuis’ Annual Theme Message at Conference. For more training on the Annual Theme, check out GEMS ReFresh at gemsrefresh.org
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
Each year GEMS selects a passage of Scripture and develops a theme around that Scripture to make the passage come alive for the girls. Bible studies, service projects, crafts, games, and other fun activities help teach the truth of God’s Word found in the theme.
God’s blessings are packaged big and small, on mountains and in valleys, temporary and eternal. But of all the good gifts He gives us, our greatest blessing is Jesus. In Him and through Him we can find peace and joy. In Him and through Him we can help other people do the same. View the video on this page to learn more about this theme!
We will live this out through our Bible lessons, Blessings Projects, and Monthly Fun Nights. Learn more about Be a Blessing in the simple and easy-to-use resources we’ve developed to make planning your club nights easier.
*”Watch for GEMS Sunday Materials that will be posted on this page in January 2019.”
The Theme Resource Starter Kit contains everything you need to implement Be a Blessing throughout the year.
Each Starter Kit includes:
- Be a Blessing Resource Book—1 for Grades 1-3 and 1 for Grades 4-8 (formerly Connections, Theme Resource Book, Object Lessons/Devotional Thoughts Booklet).
- GEMS Gardens Journals (Theme Badge Booklet) 1 for Grades 1-3 and 1 for Grades 4-8
- Theme Bulletin Insert Sample
- Theme Badge
- 11 x 17 Theme Poster
- GEMS Sticky Note Booklet
- Blessings Cards with suction cup
- Theme Flower Pot and Pen
- Theme Watercan & Seed Packet
- Theme T-Shirt
- Theme Song CD
- Theme Resource DVD which includes all items you may have formerly downloaded on this page:
- Creative Movement DVD
- Be a Blessing Theme Videos: essential for Part One of the theme presentation
- The Blessing Wall printables
- Be a Blessing PowerPoint slide
- Sample Club Registration Form
- Theme Badge Experience Invitation
- Parent Letter. Personalize and send home at the beginning of the year.
- GEMS and Theme Logos
- Order form to purchase additional resources.
You can also order extra resources as needed per club, or individual resources as needed. You will need:
- One Be a Blessing Resource Book per leader—Books for Grades 1-3 and Grades 4-8 available.
- One GEMS Gardens Journal (Theme Badge Booklet) per girl—available for Grades 1-3 and Grades 4-8.
- Any extra resources or supplies for your club’s needs.