National Collection Week:
November 12–19, 2018
Our Goal for 2018: 6,000 boxes
Please click here to complete this form when you have turned in your shoeboxes!
If you still have any questions about the program after viewing the links below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Operation Christmas Child:
The Samaritan’s Purse project Operation Christmas Child collects shoebox gifts—filled with fun toys, school supplies and hygiene items—and delivers them to children in need around the world to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way. For many of these children, the gift-filled shoebox is the first gift they have ever received.
What a great way for your club to live out this year’s Annual Theme: Be a Blessing
Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child, the world’s largest Christmas project of its kind, has collected and delivered more than 157 million shoebox gifts to children in more than 160 countries and territories.
Pack and Assemble
- Consider hosting a packing party for one of your Blessing Nights, maybe during September or October. Set a goal for your club and start collecting today!
- Collect shoeboxes or plastic containers and fill them with gender- and age-appropriate items If you wrap your shoebox, be sure to wrap the lid separately from the rest of the box.
- Learn how to pack a shoebox.
- Use the step-by-step guideto customize your packing party experience and to order free materials.
Cover Ministry Costs
- Make a $9 donation for each shoebox you prepare to help cover shipping and program expenses.
- If you give online through Follow Your Box, you can discover the destination of your shoebox gift.
- Place a rubber band around each shoebox and bring them to one of nearly 5,000 drop-off locations open during National Collection Week, the third week in November.
- Make sure to indicate that you’re with GEMS Girls’ Clubs when you fill out the drop-off log.
Host a Guest Speaker
- Contact your Operation Christmas Child regional office to be put in contact with potential speakers, including local volunteers, youth who helped deliver shoebox gifts, and even shoebox recipients.
- This could be a great option to include in a Blessing Night!
Share on Social Media with Operation Christmas Child
- Post photos of your club participating in Operation Christmas Child to our social media using the hashtags #ipackedashoebox #GEMSblessing