What You Need
- Six pieces of square paper
- Start with one piece of paper. Fold it in half, then open it back up.
- Fold each side to the center line and crease well.
- Flip the paper over.
- Fold the bottom left corner up and over to the right and crease it well. The edges should line up.
- Then, fold the top right corner over to the left and crease it well.
- Turn the paper so the points face up and down. Fold the top corner down and crease.
- Fold the bottom corner up and crease. If held down, your paper should look like a small square with a diagonal line dividing it in half. When you let go the flaps will pop back up, and that’s okay.
- Do steps 1-7 with the other five pieces of paper.
- To fit the pieces together, slide the end flap of one piece into the center fold of another.
- Then, do this with a third piece of paper.
- Continue adding paper sections until all six pieces are tucked into each other to create a cube.
Need some help?
Watch Rachel, a Paper for Water volunteer, create her own origami cube!