It’s a celebration! Make a mini piñata to celebrate a special occasion or holiday, or share it with a friend who needs to be cheered up.
What You Need
- Medium size cereal box
- Party streamers
- Double-sided tape
- Small treats (optional)
- Donkey stencil (click to download)
- Trace the donkey stencil onto the cereal box twice. Cut them out. Also cut out two or three 1 in (2.54 cm) wide strips from the box.
- Lay one strip flat between the two cutouts (mirroring each other). Tape together the three pieces and begin to bend the strip to the shape of the cutouts, taping as you go.
- Continue adding strips of tape and cardboard until the sides are covered (except the bottom of the feet) and you have a 3D donkey.
- Cut a strip of party streamer; fold it in half lengthwise and use your scissors to cut fringes. Starting at the bottom of the piñata, use double-sided tape to tape your fringe around the edge of the piñata.
- Work your way up the piñata, repeating step 4.
- Fill the bottom of the donkey with small treats (optional), then tape the feet closed.