NEXT STEPS FOR 5K CLUB FUNDRAISING
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- For every participant that registers using your unique registration link and joins your club’s team, you will raise $5 USD, $6.25 CAD per registrant, for your club.
- You will need to set up a team/club fundraising page specific to your club. Once you set this up, you’ll want to direct ALL your parents, girls, church members to register with your unique URL registration link that is emailed to you after you register, so that you receive the $5 USD, $6.25 CAD giveback.
Collecting Donations – As you set up and register, you may notice there is a donate option. As a fundraising event, all donations made through the donate button will go to GEMS Girls’ Clubs. The fundraising option for your club is $5 USD, $6.25 CAD per participant.
FIRST: REGISTER YOURSELF
- TO BEGIN register to set up an account for yourself – US Form | Canada Form.
- You will be asked if you want to register as part of a team, you will select yes and follow the prompts to set up a team name.
- You are setting up this page as a team captain. Do not register anyone else at this point.
- Please be sure to enter your team name to include your city and state. Example: “Peace GEMS Club, Atlanta, GA”
- Complete registration. Once personally registered, you will receive an auto-confirmation email with information to set up your team fundraising page and payment profile.
SECOND: SETUP YOUR TEAM FUNDRAISING PAGE
- Instructions for setting up a team fundraising page can be found here and are also within the auto-confirmation email you’ll receive after you register yourself.
- Follow the directions to set up your team fundraising page.
- After you have your page set up and your unique promoter URL, you can begin sharing registration information!
THIRD: SETUP YOUR PAYMENT PROFILE
You can begin promoting your team page, even if payment information in your payment profile is not yet set up!
General Payment Information:
- Funds will be automatically sent to you from Race Roster, the registration hosting site.
- You will need to determine how you wish to receive funds in your Payment Profile. You can choose to have funds automatically deposited into your church/club’s checking account, or you can select to have a check sent to your church/club. You may need to discuss this with church staff prior to setting up your payment profile.
- Payments will be distributed every two weeks. IF you select to have funds delivered via check, please note that funds will be delivered based on a minimum of $200 in your fundraising account. Payments that do not have $200 will be paid out at the end of the event, or as soon as $200 has been accrued. Payments by direct deposit will be delivered every week, regardless of payment balance.
- For US Clubs Only: Race Roster requires a church/club W9 form for payment verification in order to finalize your payment profile. You may need to get a copy of this from your church staff prior to completing your payment profile.
- Once these two items are ascertained, you can set up your payment profile.
- Following submission, you will get verification information from Race Roster.
As you set up and register, you may notice there is a donate option. As a fundraising event, all donations made through the donate button will go to GEMS Girls’ Clubs. The fundraising option for your club is the $5 USD, $6.25 CAD per participant.
If you have an individual who wishes to support GEMS Girls’ Clubs with an extra donation, they will receive a tax receipt for this donation. If they prefer to make the additional donation directly to your club, they will need to work that out with the Club Coordinator by arranging to give extra funds directly to the club, not through the registration site.
Specific Setup Information:
- Follow the instructions found on Race Rosters Website HERE, they can also be found within the auto-confirmation email you’ll receive after registration.
- For US Clubs Only: Be sure to have your church/club’s W9 form.
- If you are choosing to have payments delivered by direct deposit, have the church/club bank account information ready.
- Please note that payment account information needs to be set up for your church’s address, not your personal address or account information. For US Clubs only: Be sure to match the “company name” field to the name that will is listed on your church’s W9 form.
- If you have other questions about setting up your page, team pages, setting payment information, etc? Visit the Race Roster Support page here.
- Contact Kamarah at 616-241-5616 ext 2.
Do you know someone who embodies the mission of GEMS whether a girl or a mentor?
Nominate them today for the second annual, Global GEMS Day Recipient!